Wednesday, January 18, 2006

$118,800.00

Thats right, $118,800.00 for a 1967 Plymouth Bel Verdere GTX 2 door hardtop "HEMI RECREATION" now I do know what a Plymouth Bel Verdere GTX is, and I know what a HEMI is; but can someone PLEASE tell me why some jack would pay $118,800.00 for one of these things??? I never thought in my life I would see a price tag like that so I ran up Hemmings Motor News to see if the guys over at Barret-Jackson were making an honest buck or if the guy was "outtahismind!!!" What I found was that there were convertables in nice shap (one with a 440 magnum) going for about >10K to about 22K. In otherwords this jack was OUTTAHISMIND!!!I doo look forward to seeing the 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special, yet another copycar of the orginal 1953 Corvette. Simmiler to the 1954 Oldmobile F88 that sold for 3,250,000.00 a few years back at Barrett-Jackson, the Bonneville Special was never bulit for the same two reasions the olds F88 was not built. Poor sales figures for the Corvette (only 300 in 1953, when the Pontiac car was touring shows) and a lack of support from General Motors brass. Had this car have been produced, many think just like the old F88's possabilty of saving Oldsmobile, maybe Pontiac would not be in the place it is, trying to match the imports with metoo cars and a poor recreation of the GTO.


Note: The Oldsmobile F88 should be on desplay in Colorado at the Gateway Colorado Auto Museum. Just a one-hour southwesterly drive from Grand Junction on Colorado Scenic and Historic By-way 141. Go check it out!